Sunday, May 22, 2011

Strange audio problem with Denon AVR-790 Receiver

I was watching a Blu-ray on my PS3 when my Denon AVR-790 receiver started making clicking noises and the audio stopped.  I tried switching to different input sources on the receiver (including the radio tuner) and still no audio output.  I went into the menu, and the option to generate test tones was missing.

After doing some research, I tried blowing into the headphone jack and audio started outputting from the speakers.  Evidently the receiver must have a very sensitive headphone jack and some dust must have caused it to think that headphones were plugged in.  Seems ok now.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for posting this, the same exact thing just happened to me and I was afraid I was going to have to buy a new receiver. You just saved me a lot of frustration and most likely $. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Thanks so much for this, I had the exact same issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super advice. Worked for me also. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. +1 much appreciate your post!

    ReplyDelete