Thursday, August 30, 2012

Trip to the center of Athens

We went to a Carrefour grocery store in the afternoon. They didn't have any Gerber's baby food for Dimitri but at least I was able to get some Euros from the ATM.

After dropping off Kristen and Dimitri, George and I heading to the metro station and traveled into Athens to go to the New Acropolis Museum. Afterwards, we walked through Plaka and Monastiraki. There was an icon vendor who said they could make a Ladder of Divine Ascent icon in about a week for 250 euros. I declined.

When we arrived back at George's mother's house, George's cousin Maria and his aunt were visiting. George and I snacked on some moussaka, phyllo cheese triangles, and little Greek meatballs.

Later we went to a cafe next to the church where Dimitri will be baptized. I had a Greek frappe with Baileys. Almost everyone else had beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment