Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ancient Athens

Sometime after 10am, I headed out from the hotel and walked to Filopappou Hill. I climbed the hill to the Monument of Filoppapos where there is an excellent view of the Acropolis.


At around 1pm, I entered the Acropolis. Kristen and George were late due a Metro strike, so they had to take a bus into the city. Eventually, I met them at the front of the Parthenon at around 3pm.

Together, we went to the Ancient Agora and made a quick stop at Keramikos Cemetary.

Then, we met up with George's brother, Leonidas, and Leonidas's girlfriend, Chrysoula, and went to see Hadrian's Library, the Roman Agora, and the Tower of the Winds.

For dinner, we went to a restaurant that served souvlaki on pitas (aka gyros).

After dinner, I headed back to the hotel. Since the internet wasn't working in the hotel, I left around 10pm and took the Metro to Syntagma Square since the square has free wifi. I left to go back to the hotel at around 11:20pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment