Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Arrived in Athens, Greece

Yesterday, I got a ride to the airport from Ioana, and then flew to Athens, Greece, via JFK.

My plane arrived in Athens today 1 hour early. After getting my luggage and exchanging some money, I bought a Cosmote SIM card for 5 Euros with an additional 10 Euros of airtime.

George and Kristen picked me up at the airport, and we went to George's parent's house for some teas, sweet bread, and cookies. Since it was still to early for me to check in at my hotel, we went to the grocery store to do some shopping.

A little after noon, we left for the center of the city so that I could check into the Airotel Parthenon. After I checked in, we headed back to the house.

George's father, Dimitrios, and brother, Leonidas, had already started roasting a full lamb on a spit. We took turns turning the lamb.















Since it would take many hours for it to be done, we had lunch which consisted of stuffed vegetables (tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini) with rice and feta cheese. We also had some snails.

About 20 of George's friends showed up for dinner after 8pm. Besides the roast lamb, we also had pork, sausages, and spinach in phyllo. George also had a birthday cake.

Afterwards, one of George's friends took me back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment