Sunday, April 20, 2008

Walking around Athens

In the morning, I walked to the New Acropolis Museum near my hotel to see the opening. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to see. The first floor was open, but there were no visible exhibits outside of the excavations that were visible beneath the glass floor.

Afterwards, I walked around Plaka and Monastiraki to do a little shopping.

At 1:30pm, I took to Metro to go to George's parent's house for lunch. We had soup and 2 large fish. I also tried some ouzo. It was quite tasty and had a licorice flavor.

Later, we left for Syntagma Square. There, I went to see the changing of the guard outside of Parliament while Kristen and George went shopping.


After meeting in Plaka, we went to Lykavittos Hill to see the excellent nighttime view of the city from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment