Wednesday, April 06, 2005

First full day in Japan

My hotel (Karasuma Kyoto Hotel) has free internet.

I arrived in Japan yesterday without my luggage. Somehow it didn't get transfered from the American Eagle flight. It should arrive tommorrow, though. The food on the JAL flight was very good. For lunch I had tendon (the alternative was beef stew: probably japanized). Dinner was tortellini.

Today, I went to Nara in the morning at Northwestern Kyoto in the afternoon: Kinkakuji (Golden Pavillion) and Ryoanji. I was going to go to Daitokuji but sort of got lost.

Tonight, I had a dinner of eel over rice, a little tempura (two prawns and some vegetables), and a little soup. Cost: 1365 yen.

A couple of random observations:

- Pocari Sweat tastes like Gatorade. I had two bottles because I was really thirsty. The bottles were aluminum.

- There exists blueberry cream Pocky like snacks. The brand is Fran.

- Netscape 7 is aweful compared to the latest Mozilla/Firefox browsers. GMail only works in the standard HTML mode and blogger's composer doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment