Sunday, April 17, 2005

Yokohama and more of Tokyo

In the morning I went to Yokohama and saw the Marine Tower and Chinatown.

A little before noon, I headed back to Tokyo and when to see the Imperial Palace, stopped by Ueno Park to capture a little more video of something I missed but might need for the video, and then went to the kitchen district in Asakusa.

After that, I spent a couple hours wandering Ginza. The Apple Store was very crowded and it looked like tourists were all using the computers to do email and stuff (which was my plan, as well). The elevator was very "Apple". As far as I can tell, utside of a button to open the door, there were no other buttons inside. Instead, the elevator just went up and down by itself.

I'm not exactly sure what I had for dinner. I think I had flavorful spicy pork (buta umakara) and succulent boneless shortribs served with special sauce (karubi). But, it's possible that one of these meat dishes was actually tender charcoal grilled beef tongue (tan). I got this from their chopstick wrapper as there was no English on the menu. Also included was rice (of course) and ox-tail soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment