Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hakone

I got a late start and headed to Hakone today. The weather in Tokyo was clear, so I was hoping it would also be true in Hakone. Unfortunately, it was not the case, so I didn't get to see Mount Fuji. I was able to get some good sniffs of sulfurous fumes at Owakudani, so the trip wasn't a total loss.

I also wasted some time by getting off at Hakonemachi instead of continuing on to Moto-Hakone on the ship on Lake Ashi. I went to see the Hakone Checkpoint, but wasn't impressed. It was probably a waste of money (only 250 yen) and time.

Also, I found a better place to use the internet than the hotel (which is 525 yen for 30 minutes). There's this internet cafe (Gran Cyber Cafe B@gus) that's 400 yen for 1 hour (not that I need that much time). According to one of the guide books I have, there's supposed to be a Virgin Megastore in Ikebukuro that has a few machines with free internet, but I haven't been able to locate it yet. I just googled, and it's over on the west side of the station, which explains why I haven't seen it.

I'm probably going to be going to Kamukura and maybe Yokohama tommorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment