Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mac OS X 10.4

I installed Tiger on both of machines last night doing the upgrade install (since I'm lazy). No problems on my laptop, but iPhoto started acting very flaky on my desktop. Zero length jpegs were being created in the wrong directories in the iPhoto library directory structure and iPhoto was trying to read from them instead of the originals (which were still around). Also, iPhoto would display the wrong image when launched from a Spotlight search result. It also seemed to be crashing frequently. Rebuilding the library didn't fix the flakiness. Since I think the problem was due to the scans I imported (and doing a batch operation to change their dates), I exported the originals, used EXIFutils to add an image creation time EXIF attribute so that I wouldn't have to correct the date in iPhoto, and then re-imported. It seems better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment